The Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (OBWC) allows employers in both the private and public sectors to join together under a sponsoring organization in order to be evaluated as one large employer for the purpose of workers' compensation premium calculation.
Typically, an employer must have better-than-average claims experience in order to qualify for a group rating program and also must be up-to-date on premium payments owed to the OBWC.
Savings on group rating programs do vary. Employers with excellent claims experience and safety records can qualify for up to 53% discounts. Employers with average to better-than-average loss history can expect savings in the range of 30% to 45%.
There is a difference between group rating programs. The advantage of our program is the group's partnership with Minute Men HR Risk Management Services and their long-term approach to claims management. Our goal is to not only help your company to qualify for a group, but to manage your experience in such a way that you might maintain your eligibility year after year.
Along with group savings, Minute Men HR Risk Management Services also provides the following services:
- Assistance in certifying claims and claims investigation
- Hearing representation
- Interaction with client MCO
- Handicap reimbursements
- Claim settlement review
- Merit rate predictions
- Customized claims status and cost reports
GROUP RATING TIME LINE
The following time line covers group rating procedures for the OBWC premium period July 2020 through June 2021:
March 2019 through November 2019
- Employers begin submitting AC-3 forms in order for OhioGroupRating.com to determine eligibility status and premium discount amounts.
- Employers are notified of acceptance and savings amount or rejection with a detailed explanation.
- Employer returns acceptance contract to OhioGroupRating.com.
All material is submitted to the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation.
Savings begin. Discounts will be reflected in the actual premium payments for the period 7/1/2020 - 6/30/2021.